Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happiness, like hell, is other people

Happiness, like hell, is other people. You'll find that your greatest pain, and your greatest joy, revolve around those who surround you.

This insight came to me just now, as i was looking back on the past few years. People, both new friends from high school, and old folks from wayyyyy back, have given me both. As ovbisous as it is, I feel like pointing out that friends really do define us. the number of those we consider "close", how those people act, how we affiliate our selfs with those we call friend, these all contribute to how we act, our confadeince and the like.

i, my self, really have only two people i really can say are close. I have alot of people I call friend, and i really do consider them to be a major part of my life, even if they hardly talk to me anymore. it is quite the stresser, and it's semi-depressing, to be forgotten. maybe I'm just not being assertive enough, maybe I'm just to submissive to voice my needs over those of people around me.
bleh, i'm rambling again.
jst though i'd share some insight

No comments:

Post a Comment